- Review Release Notes - review the release notes published on this site to see What’s New in the release.
- Perform a complete backup - prior to upgrading any software on your BlackBerry you MUST perform a complete backup just in case disaster strikes. You can almost be sure that if you don’t perform a backup disaster will strike and if you do then it won’t, so DO NOT skip this step.
The article “Backing up and restoring your BizTrackIt data” contains step-by-step instructions on how to perform a complete backup and restore it if needed (as well as information on performing a selective backup of BizTrackIt which you can ignore for our purposes).
- Install over existing version - install the latest version of our product over your current version. Don’t worry, you won’t lose your data, but in case you do you have the backup you created in step 2, right? Do not uninstall prior to upgrading or you will lose your data and need to restore it from your backup.
The over-the-air installation links corresponding to the latest versions of our products are available at: http://www.shrunkenhead.biz/downloads.html.
For installation instructions see http://www.shrunkenhead.biz/installation.html.
- Reset your BlackBerry - if at the end of the installation process you are asked for permission to reset your BlackBerry immediately or defer it until later, go ahead and give permission to reset immediately. If you don’t then you’ll be using the old version of the product until you reset and the only way to reset, other than giving permission when you are asked (and you may not be asked again), is to pull and re-insert the battery - cycling the power to your BlackBerry is not sufficient.
- Provide feedback - Try out the new version and email us your feedback to let us know what you think. Finally don’t forget to recommend our products to others - referrals are important to our success.